"THE TEAM THAT CARES"
KICKS OFF THEIR 2009-2010 CAMPAIGN FOR CANDIDATES
KINGSTON CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION
"YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE "
KINGSTON CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
PROJECTED DRAFT BUDGET $141,000.000 MILLION DOLLARS 2009-2010
PRESENT BUDGET $137,000.000 MILLION 2008-2009
CAN YOU AFFORD THIS ON YOUR PRESENT INCOME?
THE AVERAGE SALARY IN THIS AREA IS $28,000-$35,000?
- The First Public Vote for the Kingston City School District Budget Vote was on May 20, 2008:
- Results: 2351 YES 2671 NO. THE 2008-2009 KCSD BUDGET WENT DOWN BY 320 VOTES.
- The Second Public Vote for the Kingston City School District Budget Vote was June 17, 2008:
- Results: 2,802 YES and 2557 NO. The 2008-2009 KCSD BUDGET PASSED BY 215 VOTES.
- We have a very serious financial breakdown and "THE TEAM THAT CARES" will demand a 0 TAX Increase AND SO SHOULD EVERY CITIZEN AND TAXPAYER. We recognize the fact that expenses increase but we are facing such economic failure and our Leaders should be making every effort to conserve. The three current BOE incumbents are running again this year. I am currently asking interested candidates to step up to the plate and consider running for the Kingston City School District Board of Education. Last year one candidate was elected from the "THE TEAM THAT CARES" Ms. Pam Boyle WITH 1743 VOTES. All three candidates for "THE TEAM THAT CARES" can run on one petition and 100 registered voter signatures are required. PETITION’S ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT CROWN STREET AT THIS TIME.
- So often people think that we are advocates against education. This is absolutely not the case. No one has supported education more than I have for over 35 years. The cost of education has escalated to the level of SPENDING MORE does not always mean a better education.
- PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CANDIDATE FOR THE KCSD BOARD OF EDUCATION.
Jean Jacobs, Former School Board President
- E-mail email@example.com