Friday, September 11, 2009

In Remembrance 9/11/2001

SEPTEMBER 11, 2001
A MOTHER'S STORY
As the day began eight years ago on 9/11/2001 I was off to run some errands for the day. While at the Post Office, I heard some screaming and yelling and was not sure what was occurring. I asked the postmaster and she said that there was an attack by an aircraft on the Twin Towers in New York City and at the Pentagon in Washington D.C. I felt my legs turn to rubber and I began to scream and cry. My son Daniel Jacobs was a Chief Master Sergeant Personal Security Officer for the Chief of the USAF and worked in the Pentagon in Washington D. C. To this day I do not know how I drove home, only to realize that for the next eight hours I did not know the fate of my son Daniel. My daughter Jessica was a student at the time at KHS and was home sick this day with a fever. When I returned home she was not aware what had happened. My son Jared Jacobs was a student at the University of Pittsburgh at the time. He was only miles away from the other airline aircraft that went down in the field near his college in Somerset.
The next eight hours of our families life was a nightmare only to be informed later that my son Daniel was alive. Daniel experienced a day in his life that will live with him forever. I was fortunate to have my son alive but to all of the families that lost loved ones I send my sincere sympathy and prayers. I watched the ceremony today and the horror that struck our Nation on September 11, 2001 will be a remembrance of the people that gave of their lives that day. They are all to be remembered as HERO'S. God Bless America

No comments: